The beginings of the museum activities in Macedonia
are unseparatelly connected to the person and the name of Dr. Nikola Nezlobinski
and the museum in Struga. 80 years ago, way back in 1928, this educated and respected
Russian emigrant whose destiny and life carried him away from his country, way to
Macedonia in Struga, in one of the wooden cotages of his ambulance will open the
doors for the firs collection, founding by that the bases of the future Museum of
natural science in Struga, and at whole of the museology in Macedonia. In 1938, this exhibition becomes permanent display and was presented in the new building
in which is stil placed today. Immaculate in its concept and with the presented
material mostly collected and prepared, and displayed by Nezlobinski him self, the
collection did not lose of its value and authenticity during the years. On the contrary
it become more valuable as an historical and documentary value, as a testimony of
one time, one diferent Struga and one completely diffrent eco system, now gone
forever. Today 80 years later, the museum in Struga is a modern institution within
which, besides the department of natural science and biology, there are also the
arheological,ethnological and the department of history and the artistic department.
As well as the gallerry Vangel Kogjoman.
Dr. Nikola Nezlobinski
- humanitarian, visionar -
Nikolaj Antonovic Nezlobinski was born on 12.05.1885,
in the city of Pjatigorsk, south Russia. Unfrtunalety we don't have more informations
about his family, besides that of his father who was an engineer, and it was him
who developed his love for the nature and the wild life. Love that will later become
passion which will found the basis for the founding of the Museum in Struga. In
1907 with a military scolarship Dr. Nikola Nezlobinski became student at the
Military Medical Academy, in the Russian capital of St. Petersburg. He was devoted
student for what he recived the "Golden Medal", for his researches. He continues
his researchj work during his whole life and profesional engagement. He graduates
at the Academy in 1912 and since he had a military scholarship he remained in service
as a military doctor. World War I finds young Nezlobinski as a doctor in the Russian
Black sea fleet. In November 1917 the October Revolution starts where Nezlobinski
stayed on the side of the Tsar, in White Guard army.
The end of the war does not bring peace in Russia. The battles
between the soviets and the White Guard last until 1921 when they were defeated
and forced to leave Russia. Whitin the group of emigrants which leave Russia in
1921 he comes to the Kingdom of Yugoslavia, together with his wife Sofija. Honoring
the reputation and the education of Dr. Nikola Nezlobinski the Ministry of public
Health assigns him o duty in Macedonia, first in Kriva Palanka and later in Struga.
On 28 of August 1924 Dr. Nikola Nezlobinski together with his wife comes to Struga.
He was send to Struga on amissoin to fight the disease malaria, endemic disease
which was a problem in the area for a long time. Dr. Nikola Nezlobinski chooses
on of 3 isles between the flows of the river Drim, on the rivers way out of the
Soon after he placed the 3 wooden house on the
isles recived as a military reparations from the previous war. Inone of them he
lived with his wife in the second were settled his co-workers. The last of houses
was meant to become a hospital facility for the other health services. In time they
melioried the flow of the river forming a dry ara on the left river bank of Crn
Nikola Nezlobinski started with the monitoring
and with the recognizing and studying the health condition in Struga area and based
on that almost 50% of the population was sick with the disease malaria. Malaria
was cause of enenormous fatality amongst the children particularly the newborns.
he disease caused nosier weakness in the organs of
the adults causing rapid lost of immunity also accompanied with other diseues such
as TBC. Because of that Dr. Nikola Nezlobinski took drastic measures. Dr. Nikola
Nezlobinski prepeared and opened an Ambulance to fight the disease Malria, a Stationary,
built by people of the are which soon become a hospital, becoming by that the founder
of the first institution of public health in Struga and its surrounding.
r. Nikola Nezlobinski took his associates to work
by his side at the hospital Georgi Rudnjev, who runed the laboratory, while Mihail
Makarov was asigned at the hospital handling and maintaining the equipment which
was brought in soon after Dr. Nikola Nezlobinski founded the hospital.
n time Dr. Nikola Nezlobinski started to include
medical stuff at the hospital from the local population. For his work and achievments
for containing the disease Dr. Nikola Nezlobinski was decorated in1929 with
the Medalof St.Sava, IV-th order, and the same year was declared honorable citizen
Медицинскиот персонал од диспанзеро?на??Никола Незлобинск?
Бараките од маларичнио?диспанзе??стациона?на ??Никола Незлобинск?
FOUNDING OF MUSEUM IN STRUGA
Born and raised in a country with extremly rich
natural beauty Dr. Nikola Nezlobinski was amazed by the free spaces aroun Struga, the surrounding
mountains, the river Crn Drim and Radika with their colrful gorges and mountain
chains which fascinated this great naturalist. Ohrid lake which become his daily
routine and inspire him with his beauty and variety of life forms. Although his
priority in Strugawas fighing malria, the causes for the disease and its carries,
all of them published in the article "About the lentoid parasits", which by recommendetion
was published in the respected Yearbook of the voice of the Serbian Royal Academy.
His researches were conducted around the city and the
closest surrounding that was a swmp than, were he had the opportunity to obseve
this riches and the variety of life forms settled in it. That woke up his passion
from his youth, passion towards the nature and animals, and in a while he succeeded
to create asmall private collection of stuffed animals.
Бараката од диспанзеро?каде била поставен?првата поставка во 1928 го?/strong>
Way back in 1926 in one of ooden houses he lived he st
an exhibition, where he displayed the prepared exponents. After this event his collection
continued to grow with new spcimens. So in a very short time frame the collection
become that numerous that in 1928 Dr. Nikola Nezlobinski had to rlocate the
excebition in another one of the wooode houses, placing it there as a permanent
exhibition, founding by that the Museum of Natural Science in Struga and becoming
the founder of the museology in Macedonia as well.
Изглед на поставката на експонат?од природонаучнат?изложб? снимен?1928
Изглед на поставката на експонат?од природонаучнат?изложб? снимен?1930
In 1938 Dr. Nikola Nezlobinski initiated the
project to build a new museum facility which was warmly accepted. He made the project
him self and by the next year the building was finished with a big help from the
citizens them selves. Right after that Dr. Nikola Nezlobinski started with prepearing
the enterior of the museum all by him self, and the people he hired as a help. Including
craftsmen's carpenters with their help he prepared and made the self cabinets for
the exponents. So in 1940 the exhibition was ready and the museum was opened for
??Никола Незлобинск?со соработницит?на тере?Елма?Амза, Геки Дуду? Суљо Таксим ?Миле Шуле
??Никола Незлобинск?со соработницит?препаратор?Елма?Амза ?Миле Шуле(стои)
Prevously in 1937 with a document of approval from
the Royl governtment the myseum in Struga was recognized as a science institution
and was renamed into Museum of Natural Sciences. During the war the musum building
was completely taken over by the occupation forces which adapted and used the building
for military causes. But before the building was seized Dr. Nikola Nezlobinski
along with the local people removed the exhibition packing it carefully in boxes,
which were take away from the museum and hidden in thr surrounding houses.
In military year of 1942 Dr. Nikola Nezlobinski died
suddenly, probably from heart atack. The citizens of Struga with deep
and sincere sorrow organize him a funeral with honors. His wife Sofija lived 15
years after her husband and she worked as a teacher of Russian and French language
and music after the war. The grave of the Struga's honorable citizen Dr. Nikola
Antonovic Nezlobinski, is still to be found in the Alley of the most recognized
citizens at the Struga cemetery. Shortly after the war the museum was reinstitued,
repaired and adapted into the facility it was before the war, and the exhebition
was placed again on the shelves and cabinets, following the same concept Dr. Nikola
Nezlobinski once made.
With grditude and recognition to the man who created
it, the museum in Struga was named after him, and therfore been given the name:
Peoples museum Dr. Nikola Nezlobinski.
In time the museum developed an today 3 facilties
which are contained by the following departments:
- depatrment of Natural science, zoology and botanical
- depatrments of history,archeology, ethnology
- depatrment of Art and ar history, accomanied by the art gallery Vangel Kodzoman
Факсимил од корицата на "Глас Српске краљевск?академиј?, 1939 го?
Факсимил од тексто?на??Никола Незлобинск?објаве?во "Глас Српске краљевск?